Monday, November 12, 2012

[wow!]



Wow is all I can say about this day.

I’ve been in Canada for over 21 years now. My mom finally got a computer and this morning we spoke face-to-face on Skype. What a blessing technology is to someone who lives far away from loved ones!

Then we got news that my husband passed his Denturist exam after taking it for the second time. He should have passed it the first time he took it (a long story) and it’s been frustrating for him to feel that he wasn’t fully done with school.
Now he can add DD to his name and I’m seriously thinking of calling him my Diddy. J

We have also been struggling to find a new home. My heart was set on two things: I wanted a brand new home with all the finishes I wanted to select. We also wanted a great view. I also didn't want to have to do any renovating. 

At one point I was going to forget about the new thing as an old house was on sale with an amazing view of a beautiful lake. Turns out we didn’t get that house (they accepted the first offer they got) and my heart was a bit broken.

Anyways, we’ve been checking out so many houses, new and old, for months now. It has been so frustrating because nothing was working. We never felt good about any of the houses even though especially the brand new option was exactly what I wanted.

I honestly believe that some things in life are just meant to be. So it is with the house we bought today. It was built in 1978 (a brand new house indeed!) and needs renovating big time to make it “ours”. But something kept telling us in our hearts that this was to be our home and so it is. I feel total peace about it. Like I said, some things in life are just meant to be. 

What a day!

ps. The video has nothing to do with any of this. It's just plain old hilarious! The part "I don't know who's taking care of them. Are they ok?" is still cracking me up! J

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)