Tuesday, July 21, 2009

{summer vacation, part VIII, cannon beach, oregon}

Day 5. One of my favorites as I finally got to see Cannon Beach, Oregon. It was overcast again but it didn't bother me one bit. It could have snowed and I would have still LOVED this beach. My favorite beach ever and I've seen many beaches in my lifetime.
This beach is magical. I'm so glad we went there at the right time - when the tide was low. I didn't know it beforehand but when the tide is low you can walk around the Haystack Rock (the big rock) and see all sorts of sea life. If we had been there even an hour later we would have missed it. There was a real fun tour guide who told us some fun and interesting things about some of the creatures there. I need to read more about sea anemones. Fun little creatures.
I got wet twice. I was taking pictures and the sand gave way and I sunk a bit.
I dreamt of owning the triangle looking house overlooking the beach. *sigh*
Loved, loved, LOVED this place. I'm definately going back there as soon as I can.
Y


























1 comment:

  1. Ymmärrän täysin ihastuksesi tuohon rantaan! Ah, ja miten ihania beach housejakin..

    Netissä on muuten tide-kalentereita, jos haluaa mennä jollekkin tietylle rannalle juuri low tiden aikaan.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)