Saturday, April 11, 2009

{the easter story}

***
Hoppy Easter!
Sienna has been tracing pictures using my light table. I'm amazed how well she is able to trace.
***
***
Had to come and quickly share this. I just got it done. We got together at my friend's house this past week to make these Easter themed family home evening kits. Jay had thrown away my egg carton so I had to wait to do mine later at home. But that was ok as I got to use the flower and bling bling that I had at home. :)
So, you get a see through egg carton, cut out scrapbook paper to fit inside the top flap. It's attached underneath with glue dots. I pierced a hole in the plastic and attached the flower on with a tiny brad and then covered it with the bling bling circle. The lettering was done on the paper.
***
***
Inside are instructions and the scriptures that go with each egg. The plastic eggs are numbered with a permanent marker.

We are going to hide these with the chocolate eggs and then later have a family home evening with them.
***
***
This is what is inside the eggs. Top two rows are eggs #1-6. Bottom two rows are eggs #7-12. You just open the eggs in number order and read the eggs and show what's inside. Fun and easy way to share the Easter story with little children. If you click on the picture, you'll be able to read the text.
***

For those of you who don't know: Latter-Day Saints hold a family home evening each Monday. Typical format: song, prayer, short lesson, game or activity, (song), prayer, treats.
***
Back to my Easter break. :)
***

5 comments:

  1. I love this FHE lesson idea for Easter. I'll for sure be returning to this post and enlarging your photos so that I can jot down some notes. What an awesome way to teach the real significance of Easter. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ihana idea tuo pääsiäistarinan kertominen! Täytyy pistää muistiin tuo tulevaisuutta varten. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olipa ihania ideoita tuolla alempana ja tama tassa. Naitahan voi soveltaa vaikka mihin. Kirjaankin saman tien ylos.

    oikein mukavaa paasiaisen jatkoa ja egg huntingia ( mitenkahan tuon nyt suomentaisi..)

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cute... and sienna is such a good little artist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you had a wonderful Easter celebration. Thanks for visiting inleaf, and your nice comments.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)