Thursday, February 5, 2009

{come travel with me}

***
It's been pretty boring in our house for two weeks now as we've all taken turns being sick. But it hasn't all been boredom. Robin and Sienna dressed up and danced. Fun to watch.
***

***
Sienna wanted to paint this morning. She made five paintings. Happy momma as always. :)
***

***
Since I've been stuck at home, I thought I'd travel via books. This is one of my favorite books. Fun to see the world from a bird's perspective. Our world is so fascinating. There's so much beauty.
I would LOVE to visit the Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming, USA.
***
***
A village near Tahoua, Niger.
Hard to believe that some people live like this in our modern time. But sometimes I wonder if this kind of lifestyle is actually a very happy one. But I'll still stick to my modern conveniences. :)
***

***
Buccaneer Archipelago, Australia.
Big, beautiful pearls are cultivated here.
***
***
Isles of Aran, County Clare, Ireland. Almost 12,000 kilometres of rock walls to prevent farm land from wind erosion.
***
***
Island of Phuket, Thailand. Uninhabited. Once a refuge for pirates. Fishermen climb as high as 375 meters to seek for rare delicacy: swallows' nests.
***
***
La Leona River in Argentina. The color comes from the rocks at the glacier. I've seen similar colors in the Rocky Mountain rivers and lakes.
***
***
Madagascar is the world's fourth largest island. This is a stone forest. The sharp peaks are 20-30 meters tall.
***
***
Mangrove swamp of Coeur de Voh, France.
***
***
Carousel irrigation system allows crops to grow even in a desert in Jordan. Amazing.
***
Gotta love books. What would I do without them.
***

3 comments:

  1. Ihana Sienna ja Robon!!

    Sienna on ikäiseksee minusta tosi hyvä piirtämään! Happy faces ovat aina niin suloisia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mahtavia kuvia! Kylla maailma on kaunis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Onko tuo Robin teidän sukulaispoika vai mitä kautta olette hänet "saaneet"?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)