Wednesday, January 28, 2009

{so it goes}

***
If I had my child to raise all over again,
I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later.
I'd finger-paint more, and point the finger less.
I would do less correcting and more connecting.
I'd take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.
I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.
I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play.
I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.
I'd do more hugging and less tugging.
Diane Loomans
***
A child enters your home and for the next twenty years makes so much noise you can hardly stand it. The child departs, leaving the house so silent you think you are going mad.
John Andrew Holmes
***
Generally speaking, the most miserable people I know are those who are obsessed with themselves; the happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others.
Gordon B. Hinckley
***
Miserable people think about their height, their weight, their hair, their car, their clothes, their nose. They live in a world of their own. They say things like, "But enough about me...what do you think about me?" They run their own 24-7 self-service station. Happy people know that the key to being happy is making others so. They see every new day as another opportunity to make the world a better place by making a difference to others. Miserable people think of others only when comparing themselves to them. And when they compare themselves to others, they become either vain or bitter, or more miserable.
John Bytheway
***
Sienna and I are still not 100% but at least today we both have some energy. I'm itching to organize, organize, organize. I brought some books down here from our bedroom bookshelf as it was too full. Organized Sienna's toys. Now I can't wait to clean the house (what, it must be the end of the world :D) but gotta wait for a bit more energy before attempting to do that. Laundry today, rest tomorrow. I hope.
I'm hoping the worst is over (still worrying about the cough thing) and life gets back to normal. It'll be nice to get out of the house with Sienna soon. For a while we'll remember to really appreciate our health, then we'll take it for granted again, then we'll get sick again. And so it goes.
***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)