Monday, January 12, 2009

{made by s a n s k u & s i e n n a}

***
It's cold & snowing outside.
Then Jay and I are cursed with bad sleep. If Sienna sleeps well, the cats or Robin wake us up. One way or another we hardly ever get good unbroken sleep. Just can't win.
I think I have a tiny bit of a cold left too (=my nose is a bit stuffed up so I've been -khm- snoring and keeping Jay awake I guess and probably not sleeping well myself).
Needless to say that I have no energy to do much today.
So what do you do with a little one all day? Today we decided to paint. Sienna paints all the time but I haven't for years. I had an idea to print Sienna's photo for us to paint. Well, I printed one for myself and of course Sienna wanted one too. This is Sienna's painting. Her paints weren't thick enough to cover the photo but she had fun and that's the main point, right.
***

***
Sienna painted another quick one and then added stickers.

***
***
Then there's my attempt at a monochromatic painting. What? No picture of Sienna like I mentioned? Well, oops. I started painting and accidentally painted her face a bit and could't rescue the photo so I ended up painting over it. I had had this idea to make her hair white and paint fun flowers all over etc. But no such luck. I felt really rusty & out of practise at painting. Decided not to worry about it too much and just have fun. Not worry if it won't turn out to be outstanding (good thing I didn't :D). I also knew I wouldn't have tons of time to paint as Sienna would get bored eventually so had to keep it simple. It looks pretty blah but maybe it would look ok matted in a frame. I doubt I'll do that though. I'm way too critical of my own work to enjoy it on the wall.
***
***
So there you have it. What we've done today. It was a real hassle to get my supplies from upstairs, set up the kitchen table, clean up everything right after. Time will tell if I end up doing "art" anytime soon again.

And if you ever look at an art piece and think "I could do that" then try and you'll discover it's not as easy as it looks. :)
***
Need a nap but no such luck today. Need to find a bit of energy to at least mellow play with Sienna. These are the kind of days I wish I had a neighbor with a girl same age as Sienna (or close) and could call her over to play with Sienna. Not fair for Sienna to have a tired mom but then again - not fair for mommy never to get a good night's sleep either. :)

***

4 comments:

  1. Toivottavasti jo ensi yönnä lykästää pitkien unien kanssa!

    Ihania taiteluja olette tehneet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ymmärrän univajeen aiheuttamaa harmitusta erittäin hyvin. Meillä meni suurinpiirtein siihen saakka että kaksoset olivat kolmevuotiaita että saatiin nukkua kokonaisia öitä. Är pur että oon kiukkuinen jos en saa nukkua..

    Harmi ettette oo täällä. Sienna saisi täältä innokkaita leikkikavereita.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always do such fun projects with Sienna! What a good mama. (no sleep and all!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. marita: kiitti.

    merja: tuo syy meidan naapuruuteen ja sitten viela jos asuttaisiinkin siella teilla pain niin olisipa ihanaa todellakin. :)

    talia: I try. :) Some days are better and more fun than others. Just wait and see what Sienna wanted to do today... Can't wait to share... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)