Thursday, December 18, 2008

{helsinki}

***
There. Feels better. I was missing Helsinki today (mainly the architecture) so I collected these photos for myself. I can stare at these photos whenever koti-ikava iskee.
***

***
Temppeliaukio church. Built in granite rock. The ceiling is made with copper string.
***

***
This is THE meeting place. Under the clock at Stockmann department store.
"Tavataan Stockan kellon alla..."
*** ***
Love these dudes!
Detail of the famous railway station designed by Eliel Saarinen.
***
***
The parliament building.
***
***
Suomenlinna
***
***
The national theatre. I'd love to find pictures of the details of this building. Love it.
***

***
Finnish National Museum. I've been kissed by the bear statue... :)
***



***
Love these dudes too. :)
***
***
Johannes church.
***


***
Finlandia Concert Hall. You see this scenary every time you take a train from the railwaystation.
***
***
Mulla on aina ollut haave omistaa asunto vaikkapa Espalla. Kesaasunto. Mutta kun ei edes lotota...
***



***
Ateneum Art Museum.
***


***
Someone should make a really good book about Helsinki. Just tons of excellent quality pictures. The books I have are kinda not that great. Thank goodness you can find all kinds of stuff on the internet nowadays.
***
ps. There's lots of modern architecture in Helsinki too. I was missing all the old stuff.
***
Many of the pictures are by jaime.silva/flickr.
***

3 comments:

  1. Ihania kuvia. Kiitos näistä.

    Luminen kuva ratikasta oli kaikista koskettavin minulle henkilökohtaisesti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. marita: Niin, oli pakko ujuttaa se kuva tuonne myos kun oli niin ihana. Usein ikavoin bussilla, metrolla ja ratikoilla ajelemista. Naen jopa unta siita usein. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog! It's so fun meeting new people through it. :) Brandy-blue is one of my old dear friends!...love that she passed note of my blog on to you!
    p.s. can't wait to have the time read through more of your blog! it is full of fun trips! cute ideas! love the recent one of your travel memories.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)