Wednesday, October 22, 2008

{yeah, yeah... i'm a weirdo}

***
I finished making the teddy bear photo frame. I ended up laminating it for durability. I would have preferred not to but figured little fingers will be playing with it.
***
***
This is where it ended up (for now at least).
Mr Murphy is so cute there in Sienna's bed.
Precious Moments Noah's Ark cross-stitch is made by yours truly. I'm sure I've posted about it before but in case you forgot about this amazing masterpiece... (it took me million hours to make = it's a masterpiece!) :D
***
***
Happiness is...
...a rubber ducky shower curtain.
***
***
It took tons of talent to hot glue these sea shells on this store bought wreath. :D
***

***
I'd prefer my bathroom totally void of decorations to be honest but this sailboat does take my thoughts to nice summer days by the ocean so I tolerate it. I was hoping you couldn't see the dust on it. Is the picture blurry enough? :D

Our bathroom is very traditional in style and I'd prefer a warmer color in there too but I'm too lazy to do anything about it. :) My dream bathroom would be a modern beautifully tiled (from floor to ceiling) bathroom with two sinks and two showers. If it was big enough, I'd also take a jet bath tub. And a sauna. :)
***
***
Love this nightlight. I think I found it while vacationing in California.
***
So, Stina has challenged me to tell five weird things about me. I have been racking my brain to come up with five. Honestly. I didn't realize I'm such a -khm - normal person after all (don't laugh too hard, all those who know me).
This is all that I've come up with so far:
*When I have to start the car before Sienna and I get in (when it's too cold or too hot), I then leave the passenger front door open when I put Sienna in her car seat. Then I go to my seat and close the passanger door only when I'm in the car myself. I'm paranoid about the car doors locking when Sienna is in the car and I'm not.
*My cousins and I used to eat ant "pee" when we were kids. Yep, you read that right. We'd take a stick, peel the bark off of it, spit on it and then put the stick on an ant hill. The ants would "pee"/spray the stick in defense and then we'd lick the stick. Don't ask me why or who came up with this idea. We just did, okay. :D
***
And that's it. For the life of me, I can't think of anything else. I'm sure I'm weird in many ways (I've always thought I'm a bit to the odd side) but I just can't seem to come up with more than these two things. But aren't these two worth at least five? :D
Since I can't come up with more weirdoness, I thought I'd share one of my (many, sad to admit) embarrassing moments.
***
After my mission and before coming to Canada, I was working in a nice hotel in Helsinki (Kalastajatorppa) to save money to come to Canada. My day started very early (at six or something like that). Even though it was warm during the day, it was still quite chilly in the mornings especially while waiting for the bus or the tram. I'd wear nylons (I can't believe I did, I HATE nylons!!) under my pants to keep me warm in the morning and then wouldn't wear them after work. I worked as a janitor, cleaning the public areas of the hotel. I loved my job by the way. We had these vacuum cleaners that we carried on our backs and especially little kids always called us Ghostbusters. We were always joking around and it was fun to clean a beautiful hotel together. Anyways, I'm just trying to procrastinate to tell you my embarrassing moment. When I got to work, I would change into my janitor uniform and then after work back to my normal clothes. One day I decided to go downtown and do some shopping. I took the tram and got off at Stockmann (a large department store). I started walking toward the tunnel shops and kept thinking something was stuck on my shoe. I kept wiggling my foot thinking that whatever was there would fall off. But it didn't. I finally looked down to see what it was. Are you ready...
...It was my nylons hanging out of my pants!!!!
I had forgotten to take them out of my pants and they were hanging way out of my pant leg and I had kept stepping on it.
So the question is, what do you do in the middle of downtown to get nylons out of your pants?
It's not that simple as they are long and they were wrapped all the way to the other side of my pant leg. Can you imagine someone pulling long nylons out of their pants in the middle of the street? Well me neither. I tucked the nylons into my pant leg (people had to have seen them hanging from my pant leg!!) and went to a nearby store. I pretended to try on some clothing but instead removed the nylons out of my pants.
And as if that isn't bad enough...
It happened to me again on another day!
:D
So there. I guess this could be listed on my weirdo list too. I have a habit of walking in public with nylons hanging out of my pants.
:D
Your turn! All of you other bloggers. Don't be shy. Tell us about your weirdoness/most embarrassing moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)