Saturday, November 24, 2007

it's that picture time again

***
I'm teaching Sienna some bad habits. Well, someone might say it's a bad habit. I don't mind. :) Sometimes I let Sienna have lunch downstairs in front of the tv. She eats slowly and if we're not having lunch at the same time, it gets pretty boring for her. Or so I think. I have always enjoyed eating lunch while reading a magazine or a book. I don't think there's nothing wrong with it. As long as you have family mealtimes as well. This day she had rice crackers with tunasalad and cheese (warmed up in the microwave), fruit salad and a peanut butter cracker to top it all of. These rice crackers are Sienna's "bread" as she's allergic to wheat. It's hard to find anything but wheat bread here. Sienna doesn't like rye (ruis) bread yet.
***
By the way, I love Sienna in a basic black t-shirt. Totally my style and I think Sienna looks so good in black. So there. :)
***
***
Sienna visited the front closet. Found Robin's church shoes. Notice how the right foot is on top of the "lip thingie" (whatever it's called). :)
***

***
I looooove this picture! She found her summer swing in that same closet. She has had tons of fun with it on the floor.
***
***
Confession: I spend TONS of money on books. I LOVE books! You can never have too many books. Notice the picture of the cats cuddling each other. So cute! (ugly picture frame but at the time I couldn't resist it because it says "best buddies") And Spice as a wee kitten. He was sooooooo cute. And still is. My Big Boy.
***
***
As you can see, I'm running out of bookshelf space. I bought the wee birch bark basket in Fort Chip. Inkkari kamaa. The angel is from my mom. She has crooked eyes. Say it together: Aa-a! :)
***
***
Another confession time: I love these World Princess Barbies. It's a long story how I got them. Well, not that long. Basically we found this Ireland Princess in one of our "mix and match" surprise boxes when we were still selling toys on eBay from our home. I wanted to keep it because of the Ireland connection. Then Jay surprised me and kept buying me more (on wholesale price, I should add). Eventually I had to tell him to stop buying them as my conscience took over. Silly to spend so much money on toys when we didn't even had kids yet. To be honest, the collector in me wishes I hadn't told him to stop buying them. :) Now I'm saving them for Sienna. I need to buy a storage box for them as they collect a whole lot of dust sitting on the bookshelf in our bedroom.
***
I love these Barbies for these reasons:
***
1. I'm a collector at heart. I love to have stuff. Just need to have a huge storage room so I can hide the stuff and only look at them when I feel like it. Don't like clutter but I do like stuff.
***
2. I love the various cultures of the world! I have always been fascinated how differently we all live. We think our way is "normal" but "they" think their way is normal. I love the different costumes of the world. I have always been fascinated by costume history as well.
***
3. As a child, I loved playing with Barbies with my friend Marjo. She always had all kinds of Barbie stuff. Now I have my Barbies. There's a total nostalgic link from Barbies to my brain.
***
4. I'm totally into princesses. I used to draw everyone as a princess when I was little. Now that I KNOW I'm a princess my love for princesses makes total sense to me.
***
SO THERE! Don't you dare make fun of me and my Barbies. :) Ok, laugh away... This is pretty funny. :)
***


***
Oops, took pictures of the Princess of Italy twice. Oh well. :)
***



***
Admit it: they're so pretty and fun! Just admit it! :)
***
ps. Forgot... Yesterday when Sienna and I came home from grocery shopping I did my usual routine: first took the grocery bags in the house, then went to get Sienna. As I started to get her out of her car seat, she said "Mommy took the bags in the house... Good job mommy!" It really felt like I got a pat on the back and had done such a good job. :) And today it started to rain when we were outside and Sienna automatically started to sing "It's raining... it's pouring... the old man is snoring... he bumped his head... and couldn't get up in the morning." :) Gotta love it!
***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)